Tuesday, February 9, 2016

...To Crying Wolf

Growing up I was the queen of the Nurse's office.  You see, when you're a chubby little 8 year old and you run around outside at recess like your life depends on it, your face gets a little red... like a tomato according to some mean kids who grew up to amount to nothing, but that's neither here nor there...
Anyway, when your face gets red and you're a sweet chubby little 8 year old, your teachers will look at you and ask "Sarah, are you feeling okay?" and with your best Meryl Streep Oscar winning performance, you'll sulk and moan and shake your head 'no' because the possibility of going home 'sick' is wayyyy better than sitting through another math hour trying to learn about fractions.
My Mother always knew. 
Of course she did. 
She'd be walking down the hallway and I'd be poking my head around the corner and she'd just shoot me one of those looks like 'oh you're going to wish you really were sick'... she loved me.
Can you be a hypercondriac in elementary school?  Probably, but I wasn't, I just liked getting out of class.
But I 'cried wolf' a few too many times in my life.  Like the one time I had an ear infection so bad that every time my heart would beat it felt like someone was stabbing me in the ear, but my teacher wouldn't let me go to the nurse because I'd been 5 times that week (true).  Or the time I had emergency surgery to have my appendix removed but the school nurse wouldn't let me call my mom because I didn't have a fever and the pain in my side was "probably just cramps".
Growing up is fun.
My mother really won a prize with me.

I always think about my 'crying wolf' days when I'm sick.  Ahh, to be young and a wonderful actress....
I truly missed my calling.

Being sick sucks.
Being sick when all you want is some ice cream and you're too stubborn to break this stupid 30 day challenge on day 23 sucks.
Being sick AND being on this stupid 30 day challenge when it's National Pizza Day (like, WHAT?) can make a girl suicidal.

Welcome to my life.

While I'm trying my best to combat whatever my beautiful little petri-dish students have surely given me (not crying wolf here!), here are some recipes I promised I'd be consistent in sharing but have failed to do so.

Enjoy!

 Garlic and Artichoke Stuffed Chicken with Cauliflower Mash


Guacamole Stuffed Chicken (not my picture... obvs)


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment