Tuesday, January 26, 2016

...To Motivation


What inspires you to do something? 
Once upon a time, this was the background on my phone. 
Every time I would slide that little unlock bar to the right, this girl was staring right back at me. 
I'm not even kidding. 
It came up on my timehop the other day and I was like 'Oh God, what was wrong with me? ...which is basically the reaction I have to everything on timehop, but that's not the point here. 

The point is motivation.  
And in 2009 apparently Kim K was my go to girl for #goals. But what really gets me here is the accurate lovely reminder to myself to 'stop eating'.  
Yeah girl, that's going to really get you where you want to go. 

We've all seen those 'weight-loss' infomercials where the testimonies say something along the lines of "I've tried every diet there is known to man and NOTHING worked until I tried (insert flavor of the week diet here)!" If you're like me, you roll your eyes, keep watching for another 20 minutes, write down the number, and think... wait, maybe they're on to something.  Maybe THIS is the miracle I've been searching for! 

So I try them. 
You name it, I probably gave it a go once or twice.
I've tried things from the fairly popular Paleo diet (which I did before my wedding and it actually did work, but I am in fact not a 'caveman' so it really wasn't a long term thing I could maintain) to the laser blast something or other that I got off of a Groupon and was located in a less than favorable strip mall, to the monstrosity of this torturous plan that I saw floating around Pinterest.
Spoiler Alert: While you won't lose the 10 pounds this diet promises, you will lose your will to live.  
But obviously none of this ever pans out because Hello, I'm here and you're there reading this still shaking your head about the sketchy laser treatment (looking at you Mom). 

So what gives? 
What am I missing here? 
I have moments of motivation, but when I don't see immediate results... Bye motivation! See you later, motivation! You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here, MOTIVATION!!!!!

Ugh. 
I'm over it. 
I like white girl literally can't with it.  

This is why I've been really surprised by myself lately. I kind of don't even know who I am right now. I have been so motivated with this Whole30 mess that I don't know why I haven't tried this before.
Now lets be realistic. Do I know that I can not maintain this 'diet' every single day? 
Yes. 
I love cheese. 
I dream about bread. 
Pizza is my spirit animal. 
However, anything that asks you to put down the processed foods with names that you can't pronounce and pick up a carrot or two couldn't hurt. 

What keeps you motivated? 
What's your favorite motivational quote? 
I know almost 100% some of them are lame and annoying, but sometimes you read one that really strikes a cord within you to make a change. 
This is one of my favorites
So simple. So true. So universal. 

I'm choosing to be motivated.  
And I don't need Kim Kardashian's 2009 body to tell me to 'stop-eating' to be. 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment